Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Katie Clark, Laguna Beach Photographer, is Published in July Rangefinder Magazine!


This has been an incredible summer as a result of me being chosen to shoot the 2007 “Up Close and Personal” ad campaign for the Laguna Beach Sawdust Festival. It is the first time the festival has delegated funds for a campaign in its 40 year history. Quite the honor for me! I have been living in Laguna for 15 years and I am thrilled to be so involved in the art community here. This town is so close to my heart!

In the last post I included the layout for the bus wrap that has photos placed 6 feet tall all over the bus. It is so fun to be in Laguna and hear people talk about the bus. It looks great and is the talk of the town! I have been so busy with all of the excitement I am just now getting a chance to spread the good news.

The images have also been featured in:
-My first Art Show at Seven Degrees this past June
-Local TV Commercials on major network channels
-Ads in magazines and newspapers all over LA, Palm Springs and Orange County
-Multiple promo cards, brochures, and artist directories distributed at the festival and throughout town
-And most recently, a national article in Rangefinder Magazine!

Here’s the link to the article:
http://www.rangefindermag.com/magazine/Jul07/64.pdf

This trade publication is very respected in the photo industry and it is quite the recognition to be featured here. I also want to thank writer Donna Mac Kay for believing in me and taking the time to write such a wonderful story. She is always looking for new ideas for stories, to contact and learn more about Donna visit below.
http://www.mackaymediaservices.com/

I will continue to post more photos and videos of the summer fun and comments about how this project has affected the Laguna Beach art community. The 30x40 images from the Seven Degrees show are now featured in the Up Close and Personal booth on the Sawdust grounds throughout the summer. If you stop in, please sign the guest book. I would love to hear what you think. Here are some photos of the booth and my new tribe of artist friends!